Its the end of the club year, and time to celebrate, and also
reflect on what we have done and achieved.
Please join us for our final meeting :
- The Year in Review
- Photo sharing of outing, open and creative
- Photo sharing of Your Best Shot of 2013
- Party Time - chat, socialise, enjoy a snack or two with your fellow members.
1. Photo Sharing
Here is what you need to submit:
2. Outing (Coedmore Castle)
4. Set Subject - Your Best Photo of the Year 2013
*If possible, please submit 'Before' and 'After' photos of your creative submission. This will help illustrate what editing or processing you have done.
How to submit your photos:
- Please submit your photos by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or bring 8x10 prints.
- Email submission closes 12pm (midday) Tues 3rd Dec 2013.
- You can submit four photos in total for either/or Set Subject, Outing, Open or Creativity categories. You may submit only ONE for Set Subject. You may submit one extra in Troubleshooting if you need some help from the club.
- Size - Minimum of 1024 x 768 pixels, and not more than 600KB per photo. Please do not exceed this size limit!!!!
- Format - Jpeg or Tiff
- File names - the file name of each photo must follow this format: Category - Your Name & Surname - Title of Photo. In addition, please state your camera settings - Aperture, Shutter Speed, Exposure Compensation, ISO, in the title. For the Creative Category, please state what edits you did, eg. Photoshop Elements 10, Vignetting, added Overlay, saturated colour.
- e.g. Outing - Amin Roshan Afshar - In Developing - f11, 15sec, -1EV, ISO100.
- You can write all of this in the file title, it allows for a long title!!!
- Please make the subject line of email submissions "Dec photo submissions".
Please note: If your photo is incorrectly labelled, or named, and there is no subject line for the email, or it is sent after the deadline it will not be shown.
If you miss the deadline for emailing, you can submit photos at
the meeting on a virus free memory stick. However, please be considerate and
come early, by 6.30pm. Out of consideration to those who have submitted
timely, we will no longer be accepting submissions after 7PM, once the
2. Set Subject - Your Best Photo of 2013
- It is always good to review your photographic efforts, and this is a good opportunity.
- We want to showcase your best or favourite photo taken during the year of 2013.
- This is time to show off your best work! It can be a photo seen at the club, or something that we haven’t seen yet, but must have been taken in 2013.
3. Fellow Photogs in Action
Thanks to those who submitted already. Please send Vanessa all your photos of your HCC fellow photogs in action. And any other shots of the HCC happenings and events from 2013. Vanessa - email@example.com
4. Year End Party
Please bring a plate of snacks to share. This is the socialising part of the evening, where we share our year's experiences and have a bite to eat!
5. Membership Renewal for 2014
Thank you to those who have already renewed their membership. Please renew your membership by paying your fees for next year. Click here for the banking details. Please pay by EFT only.
Single membership - R300
Family membership - R400
See you on Tuesday, 3rd Dec 2013 at 7pm!