1. Outing - Codemore Castle and Stainbank Reserve
This beautiful piece of Durban's history will be open for us to photograph and explore. When we are finished, we will have a picnic on the grass, and relax and enjoy the surroundings. The afternoon shoot is of the reserve, where we can walk around and view animals and nature.
Date: Sat 23rd Nov 2013
Time: Castle - 9.30 - 12pm.
Picnic lunch - 12 - 2pm (bring something to eat, drink and to sit on)
Reserve: 2pm to whenever.
Cost: R20 gate fee to pay at the entrance
R50 fee for the Castle to pay by EFT to club.
- Take the N3 to Durban.
- Exit at Spaghetti Junction and get onto the N2 South.
- Take the Edwin Swales/ Bluff/Queensburgh exit.
- Go left here towards the Bluff and at the first big intersection, turn right into Wakesleigh rd.
- Keep left and take the first turn left into Cliffview rd.
- Follow this winding road to the stop street.
- Turn left into Sarnia Rd. Go through Bellair.
- Turn right at the first intersection with traffic lights into Coedmore Rd.
- Follow this road under the N2, through the quarry, over a river and you will come to bush on the right hand side of the road. Keep going and you will come into Yellowwood Park.
- Look for the entrance to the Kenneth Stainbank Nature Reserve on the right.
- The street address is 90 Coedmore Ave.
- Enter here, go straight up the hill.
- You will come to some stone buildings on the right. Turn right here and you will see the Castle.
- You can park up at the Castle. There is also a parking area near the entrance gate which you can move to after your lunch if need be.
2. Fellow Photogs in Action
Year End and Christmas Party - 3rd Dec 2013
Please send Vanessa all your photos of your HCC fellow photogs in action. And any other shots of the HCC happenings and events from 2013.
Vanessa - firstname.lastname@example.org
We are having a bring and share for the final meeting of the year, and will be showing our Best Photos of the Year.
3. Exhibition at The Bellevue Gallery - "A Camera In My Bag"
"A Camera in my Bag" is an exhibition of photographs taken by photographers while traveling. Starts Tuesday the 19th Nov 2013. Sounds intriguing, and its always well worth supporting Harry Lock's gallery!
4. Membership Renewal for 2014
Thank you to those who have already renewed their membership. Please renew your membership by paying your fees for next year. Click here for the banking details. Please pay by EFT only.
Single membership - R300
Family membership - R400
See you on Sat, 23rd November 2013 at 9am!