1. Photo Sharing
Here is what you need to submit:
2. Outing (Amazulu Boutique Hotel)
3. Set Subject (Backlighting)
*If possible, please submit 'Before' and 'After' photos of your creative submission. This will help illustrate what editing or processing you have done.
How to submit your photos:
- Please submit your photos by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or bring 8x10 prints.
- Email submission closes 12pm (midday) Tues 19 Nov 2013.
- You can submit four photos for either/or Set Subject, Outing, Open or Creativity categories. You may submit only ONE for Set Subject. You may submit one extra in Troubleshooting if you need some help from the club.
- Size - Minimum of 1024 x 768 pixels, and not more than 600KB per photo. Please do not exceed this size limit!!!!
- Format - Jpeg or Tiff
- File names - the file name of each photo must follow this format: Category - Your Name & Surname - Title of Photo. In addition, please state your camera settings - Aperture, Shutter Speed, Exposure Compensation, ISO, in the title. For the Creative Category, please state what edits you did, eg. Photoshop Elements 10, Vignetting, added Overlay, saturated colour.
- e.g. Outing - Amin Roshan Afshar - In Developing - f11, 15sec, -1EV, ISO100.
- You can write all of this in the file title, it allows for a long title!!!
- Please make the subject line of email submissions "Nov photo submissions".
Please note: If your photo is incorrectly labelled, or named, and there is no subject line for the email, or it is sent after the deadline it will not be shown.
If you miss the deadline for emailing, you can submit photos at
the meeting on a virus free memory stick. However, please be considerate and
come early, by 6.30pm. Out of consideration to those who have submitted
timely, we will no longer be accepting submissions after 7PM, once the
2. Set Subject - Backlighting
This technique is where the object is lit from behind, and from the front, either completely or partially. The technique requires exposing correctly on the subject, and possibly blowing out the the background. Use spot metering.
3. Outing - Codemore Castle and Stainbank Reserve
- We need to know numbers attending.
- Payment deadline Tues 19th Nov 2013 (R50)
This beautiful piece of Durban's history will be open for us to photograph and explore. When we are finished, we will have a picnic on the grass, and relax and enjoy the surroundings. The afternoon shoot is of the reserve, where we can walk around and view animals and nature.
Date: Sat 23rd Nov 2013
Time: Castle - 9.30 - 12pm.
Picnic lunch - 12 - 2pm (bring something to eat, drink and to sit on)
Reserve: 2pm to whenever.
Cost: R20 gate fee to pay at the entrance
R50 fee for the Castle to pay by EFT to club, by Tues 19th Nov
4. Fellow Photogs in Action
Year End and Christmas Party - 3rd Dec 2013
We all know that we love shooting each other at outings. We are a crazy bunch, that's for sure!
Please send Vanessa all your photos of your HCC fellow photogs in action. And any other shots of the HCC happenings and events from 2013.
Vanessa - email@example.com
We are having a bring and share for the final meeting of the year, and will be showing our Best Photos of the Year. More details to follow.
5. Exhibition at The Bellevue Gallery - "A Camera In My Bag"
"A Camera in my Bag" is an exhibition of photographs taken by photographers while traveling. Starts Tuesday the 19th Nov 2013. Sounds intriguing, and its always well worth supporting Harry Lock's gallery!
6. Membership Renewal for 2014
Thank you to those who have already renewed their membership. Please renew your membership by paying your fees for next year. Click here for the banking details. Please pay by EFT only.
Single membership - R300
Family membership - R400
Please RSVP for the outing!
Click HERE to RSVP.
See you on Tuesday, 19th November 2013 at 7pm!