HILLCREST CAMERA CLUB OUTING : Durban City Photo Tour on the People Mover Bus
The next outing will be a Photo Circuit of Durban on Saturday, 21 January. We are going to take a ride on the People Mover bus, through Durban and take photos of subjects specified by Vanessa & Yvonne. These photos will then be submitted as PRINTS at the Feb 2nd meeting, (21st Feb) as you will have enough time to process and print them out.
Date: Saturday 21 January 2012
Time: AM- to be decided. PM - 2.30pm to 6pm
Meet : The Bus Stop @Pirate’s parking lot next to Suncoast
After the outing : Coffee/beer/dinner at Mugg & Bean @ Suncoast. (For those who would like to, not obligatory)
Purpose of the outing : Capturing our city, working to a set list of topics.
Type of photography to be done: Street photography, people photography, architecture
A few guidelines:
- You have to shoot ALL the categories.
- Shoot judiciously. Don't snap away - choose carefully. Compose carefully. Plan your route.
- Have fun and be safe!
- To produce 8 Jumbo prints, ONE of each category.
- To stick on poster board for viewing at the 21st Feb meeting. No digital submissions, as there will be too many photos to view individually.
- To title each photo, and state the topic.
- Study the routes of the People Mover. A bus comes every 15 minutes. Decide where you want to stop off, and what kind of photo you will take for which category.
- Hop off the bus, walk around, take the shot. Get back on the bus and move to the next stop.
- Buy a day pass, so that you can get off and on the bus as many times as you want. Day Pass – R15 (this is according to the website info, it could be more)
Safety and security.
Please be aware of being in Durban city, and be cautious. However, if you are vigilant and keep moving, you should be OK.
We are not going to keep a roster, as you are free to do what you want. However, if you are with a group, please let someone know if you are going home. If you run into problems, please contact one the following:
Vanessa – 076 091 9825 Anton - 084 509 2024 Harry - 082 576 0199 Yvonne - 079 526 0692
Gordon - 083 771 4242
See you on Saturday!