CLUB SCHEDULE 2017
- Tues 17th, 7pm : Photo Sharing
- Open, Creative, Troubleshooting, Outing, Set Subject
- Outing: No outing
- Only one meeting in Jan!
- Tues 7th, 7pm : Workshop - Practical Lighting with Louis Kleynhans. Bring your cameras, tripods, flashes and triggers.
- Tues 21st, 7pm : Photo Sharing - Set Subject (Water), Open, Creative, Troubleshooting
FEBRUARY SET SUBJECT & OUTING
- Set Subject: Water - Slow Shutter speed. Any water - sea, stream, river, waterfall. Must show movement, not frozen. Can be shot at any time of the day.
- Learn How to Shoot Water Slow Shutter Speed: Sun 4th, 930am, Kloof Gorge.
- Beginners Gathering: Sat 11th Feb - 3.30pm - 6.30pm. Jodi's Farm.
- Saturday Session: Sat 18th Feb - 10am to 12pm
- Outing : 25 Feb -Umhlanga Pier - Sunset shoot
- Tues, 7th, 7pm : Speaker - Damien Davis
- Tues 28st, 7pm : Photo Sharing - Set Subject (Night Life, Night Lights), Open, Creative, Outing,Troubleshooting.
- Note: Due to the Public Holiday on the 21st, we will hold our 2nd meeting on the 28th.
MARCH SET SUBJECT & OUTINGS
- Set Subject - "Night lights, night life" - What can be seen in night lights. People, animals, action. Life as seen at night. What happens at night.
- Learn How To Shoot at Night - Sat 11th March. Wilson's Wharf. From 6pm.
- Learn How To Shoot at Night (2nd outing) - Monday 20th March 2017 from 6pm. Point Waterfront.
- Judging Workshop - Sat 18th March, 10am -12pm
- Outing : Sat 25th March, Saturday. 2.30pm - 5pm.
- Inchanga Train Station.
- Tues, 4th, 7pm: Speaker - Roger and Pat de la Harpe.
- Tues, 18th: Photo Sharing - Set Subject (Deck of Cards), Open, Creative, Outing, Troubleshooting.
APRIL SET SUBJECT AND OUTING
- Set Subject: "Deck of Cards" Still life scenes, patterns, designs, cards in motion, cards being dealt.
- Outing : Street Photo Walk
- Sat 29 April 2017, 1pm - 4.30pm. Pietermaritzburg City Centre - Art, People and History. This will be a walking shoot, through the city centre, starting at Tatham Art Gallery.
- Shooting Opportunity - Festival of the Chariots, chariot parade - Fri 14 April
- Shooting Opportunity - South Coast Bike Festival in Margate. 27-30 April
- Tues, 2nd, 7pm: 10 Ways To Improve Your Photography (without buying equipment) - by Harry Lock
- Tues, 16th, 6pm: AGM
- Tues, 16th, 7pm: Photo Sharing - Set Subject (Autumn Colours), Open, Outing, Creative, Troubleshooting.
MAY SET SUBJECT AND OUTING
- Set Subject - "Autumn Colours" - Either show Autumn happening, or show the colours and shades of Autumn. Make up a still life scene, or shoot a scene occurring.
- Outing - Sunday 28th - 530am. Thompsons Bay,Ballitto.
- Tues 6th, 7pm: Speaker -Marlies Craig - What Insect Are You?
- Tues 20th, 7pm: Photo Sharing. Set Subject (Window Lit Portraits), Open, Outing, Creative, Troubleshooting.
JUNE SET SUBJECT AND OUTINGS
- Tues 20th: Set Subject - Window Lit Portraits
- Workshop : Sat 17th - Mastering The Clone Tool
- Outing: Cape Vidal (9-11 June) Weekend Away. A chance to see game life, beach life and river life, all in one weekend.
- Alternative Outing - Sat 24, 10am - Hari Krishna Temple, Chatsworth. Lots of glorious detail, a sight to see.
- Tues 4th, 7pm: Speaker - Matthew Willman - "A Life Less Ordinary"
- Tues 18th, 7pm: Photo Sharing. Set Subject (Complimentary Colours), Open, Outing, Creative, Troubleshooting.
JULY SET SUBJECT AND OUTINGS
- Tues 18th: Set Subject - Complimentary Colours
- Workshop : Sun 9th July - Panning Workshop - Crestholme Pony club
- Outing: Sun 16th - Rocky Bay - Sunrise
- Addition Outing - Sun 16th - Scottburgh Car Show (to shoot for the set subject "Automotive Love")
- Tues 1st, 7pm: Speaker Emil Van Maltitz - Photo Tour to Madagascar.
- Tues 15th, 7pm: Photo Sharing. Set Subject (Automotive Love), Open, Outing(Rocky Bay), Creative, Troubleshooting.
AUGUST SET SUBJECT AND OUTINGS
- 11, 12, 13 August: Ballina Photographic Workshop by Harry Lock and Vanessa Cracknell, Ballina Farm, Kamberg, KZN.
- Tues 15th: Set Subject - Automotive Love
- Outing: Sat 26th - Coedmore Castle, Stainbank Nature Reserve.
- Meet at 9am.
- 9.30 - 10.30: Tour of the castle, and tea & scones
- 10.30 - 12.30: Shoot of the castle
- Tues 5th, 7pm: International Photo Sharing
- Tues 19th, 7pm: Photo Sharing. Set Subject (Shadows), Open, Outing(Coedmore Castle), Creative, Troubleshooting.
SEPTEMBER SET SUBJECT AND OUTINGS
- Tues 19th: Set Subject - Shadows
- Hilton Arts Festival - World Press Photo Exhibition 2017, plus DocuFest 2017.
- Outing: Postponed to 28th Oct 2017
- Tues 3rd, 7pm: Painting With Light - Practical Workshop. Bring your cameras, tripods and remote shutter releases.
- Tues 17th, 7pm: Photo Sharing. Set Subject (Framing), Open, Creative, Troubleshooting.
- Additional categories - Painting with Light Workshop, and Worldwide Photowalk 2017.
OCTOBER SET SUBJECT AND OUTINGS
- Tues 17th: Set Subject - Framing
- Worldwide Photowalk 2017 - Durban - Sat 7th Oct, 6am.
- World Press Photo Exhibition - Sat 14th Oct, 2pm - Special Viewing, plus a walk-about and talk by David Larsen (Africa Media Online).
- Outing: Sun 29th Oct, 10am - 12.30pm "Bug Exploration" with Marlies Craig at Springside Nature Reserve. Bring your macro lenses, if you have. Explore for bugs, insects and plants, and get close up.
- Fee - R25
- Tues 7th, 7pm: Speaker - Louis Kleynhans - "The rhino war from the perspective of a Photojournalist"
- Tues 21st, 7pm: Photo Sharing. Set Subject (People At Work), Open, Outing(Springside Nature Reserve), Creative, Troubleshooting
NOVEMBER SET SUBJECT AND OUTINGS
- Tues 21ST: Set Subject - People at Work
- Outing: 26 Nov - Shongweni Dam
- Bring a picnic lunch.
- Postponed to 2018.
- Tues 5th, 7pm: Year End Party and announcement of the winner of the Grand Competition!
- Photo Sharing. Set Subject (Your Best Photo of The Year), Open, Creative, Troubleshooting.
SET SUBJECT - Your Best Photo of 2017
The Grand Competition
Outings - Once a month we go on a photographic outing, into Durban and its surrounds, on . Depending on the outing, it could be an early morning session on the beach, to get the sunrise over the sea. Or a night shoot on top of one of Durban's tallest buildings. There is normally a meal involved - we affectionately call ourselves 'The Eating Club with a Camera Problem', as we usually organise outings around a meal of some kind. Taking photos can be hungry work! Members are strongly encouraged to attend the outings, as they are the perfect way to learn from others, either by watching what they do, or by asking questions.
Note: Hillcrest Camera Club reserves the right to change the schedule at any point during the year, for any reason. We will always try to give ample notice, however please keep checking the schedule for revisions and changes.